Thursday 30 November 2017

My youngest needed $1 for a school fundraiser.


I'm not much of a gambling man. I'll play the occasional office pool, bet $2 on a horse at Oaklawn, or maybe a challenge on someone sinking a putt (lost twice in the same round). That said, I've never felt a bigger gamble than what happened this morning. EK asks for a dollar as we're in the car line for drop off. It's for Hat Day (school fundraiser). The pressure is on, cars are stacking up, all I have is a $10. I give it to her, and remind her that I want the change. Her reply is just a wink and a grin as she closes the door. Hat Day isn't till December 15th. This is not a good sign for the next 20 years.TL:dr - My youngest daughter conned me out of $10 this morning. The house always wins. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zTOQrl

No comments:

Post a Comment