Tuesday 28 November 2017

I need someone to tell me that what I’m feeling is normal


I’m a 32 year old father to a daughter who will be two in December. She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to my wife and me. She’s perfect, and I never realized how much love I could have for another person, except for my wife. We are currently expecting again, and will welcome our second daughter at the end of December.What scares me in some ways is the amazing bond that we both have with our first girl, and the idea of starting anew with another child. I know I’ll love her just as much, but I’m nervous because I won’t know her as well as I know our older daughter.This isn’t the same nervousness I felt when our older daughter was born, which was more a result of unfamiliarity with being a parent. I desperately want to make sure to treat both of my girls equally, but how can I do that when I’ve bonded so much with one and won’t know the other yet?Then of course, there’s the guilt I feel for feeling this way in the first place. I’ve told my wife how I feel, and she assures me that when our daughter is born this will all be a moot point, and I don’t want to burden her any further with my feelings on this. She’s stressed enough right now to have to carry this weight.Is this normal? Has anyone else ever felt this way? I’m hoping that someone can reassure me that I’m not crazy to feel this way. I know it’s irrational, but it’s difficult to shake this feeling. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nb0FUd

No comments:

Post a Comment