Wednesday 29 November 2017

I need help on how to pull an all-nighter as a mom


Long story short our neighbors pipe broke and it's leaking into our house (live in a condo), and they can't turn the water off till tomorrow when someone can come out cause the valve is rusted shut.It's a very bad leak, I have a rainbow vacuum to help when the water puddles up real bad, and I have to change the towels against the wall like every 20 min or it starts to flood again. My husband has to get up really early for work tomorrow for a training session, so he cant help, so I'm on my own on keeping this under control until it's turned off hopefully tomorrow.Problem is, I'm a mom to a rambunctious almost 2 year old.... of course I'll be able to nap when she does tomorrow, but she only does one nap now and that's not till noon. So how am I supposed to pull this all-nighter? I have lots of soda and energy drinks and coffee and even caffeine pills, but I'm usually in bed at 10 and it's 11:30 and I'm exhausted. Maybe I can take power naps between each time I need to do something with the water?I can't go for a walk or anything like that cause it's a dangerous neighborhood at night. And even if I make it through the night how am I supposed to feel up to taking care of my daughter tomorrow when I'll be too tired to move? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2i4FSwg

No comments:

Post a Comment