Sunday 26 November 2017

Overwhelmed: Sexually active 14 yr old


I’m sorry for using a throwaway but I rarely come on here much these days and just need a bit of advice.My daughter is 14. I am a single mom and have been for 14 years. I also have a 13 year old son. We are an open and honest family. Talk about literally everything from sex to drug use and beyond. I raise my kids to be loving, empathetic, compassionate and brutally honest. Today, I realize I have failed as a parent. My daughter came to me last night in hysterics. She could barely speak so I was left with guessing what was wrong. I finally asked her if she was pregnant. She said she didn’t know but earlier that day had had sex with a 14 year old boy in my parents’ neighborhood. I was so completely mind blown I couldn’t help but watch as the tears streamed from my face as if someone had open a dam. I was raped at 9 years old so in a way I’m glad she was able to hold off a bit longer but at thleast same time I am utterly shocked. We talk about this stuff regularly. How could she do this...without protection, I found out. We hugged it out and I told her I needed to process this further and would talk with her today. She was extremely horrified by my reaction and just kept begging me to help her. I literally had no words except of course I will, I love you.At 5am I decided to go buy the morning after pill. As much as I am against using it freely, I cannot possibly idly sit and watch her ruin her life. I had taken her phone and started investigating. I still cannot believe what I was discovering. This had been going on for months. Intercourse and oral sex. Videos sent back and forth. The boy would ask for a video and she would tell him no for whatever reason and he would say the most horrible things to her. It was clear that she was doing it to appease him and he made her feel like shit if she didn’t.She may already be pregnant. I will be taking her in for an exam tomorrow but she coincidentally started her prior this afternoon. But, we all know that means nothing.I am having a hard time coping at this point. This is not how I raised my daughter to behave. I have nearly zero family support and live in a very small town. I feel very isolated and afraid.Like I said, I took her phone and have explained that she will not be getting it back anytime soon and that she is not allowed to see him. He lives in a town close by but is homeschooled so unless I take her to him, there’s literally no way for them to connect.This afternoon her phone started blowing up with him snap chatting her. I opened the messages even tho I have no clue how SC works and read horrible messages from him. Apparently she had told him she was going to talk to her mother. He was flipping out. I left it alone until a few minutes ago when I replied, told him who I was and that if he ever tried to contact her/is again, I would be telling his parents.I’m lost and need help. I’m making this up as I go and trying to make good decisions and do what’s right to protect my child. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zsvbui

No comments:

Post a Comment