Thursday 30 November 2017

3rd Grade daughter having a hard time at a new school making friends because of cliques.


Hi! I've never posted here before but I was hoping to get some advice. We recently moved because of work and my 8 year old daughter who had some really great friends before seems to be having a hard time making a good friend or really finding a "group." I started realizing that she seemed lonely about a month ago, which is so sad to me because of how sweet and friendly she is. My daughter is one of the kindest, most gentle and caring kids I've ever known and I'm wondering if that's partly what's to blame. I think there are a lot of cliques in this grade and as an outsider, she's having a hard time being assertive and as a result, she's fading into the background. She loves to read but lately, her books are her only friends. I got her into brownies and I went tonight to help out and although she was friendly with everyone and accepted by everyone for the most part, the two girls who she claims are her closest friends spent the whole meeting ditching her. (Not that is should matter) but my daughter is an attractive, clean kid with nothing "weird" about her so there's no obvious reasons why these girls were being jerks. Of course, my daughter is also too kind to understand that they were ditching her all night, so she still considers them her "friends." I have asked her to have a friend over, but she said she doesn't know who to invite. I plan on going back to help out at brownies again (if nothing else I can sit with her or maybe trip those snotty girls s/). But what advice can you give on how to help? I've noticed her shrinking into herself and she has so much to offer. She is just lonely and I'm trying to figure out what else to do. Thanks! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zSLc19

No comments:

Post a Comment