Tuesday 27 September 2016

[Update] Creep in neighborhood


I have posted recently about a creepy guy. Yesterday he appeared again (I was outside too), and when my kids asked him their blabbery kid questions, he whispered to them so I couldn't hear. I immediately stepped up and asked my son what he said, upon which he just went away.Back inside I told my son that whenever said guy shows up, he is required to come inside and get me. Guess I'll have to repeat it a few times.Additionally, our neoighbors, who are part of the HOA(sort of thing) across the street where he too lives, watched the ordeal. Today I talked to them about him.The lady (who is sort of a queen dragon of social relations) told me that he was "okay", however got a bit nervous. I asked more, and she revealed that she'd trust him since he has kids and grandkids, but that he was extremely quiet and very sad, and apparently emotionally not okay.On the one hand, I'm glad I didn't lash out at him earlier - as commenters said, maybe he's just sad and lonely - but to be honest, the words of our neighbor didn't really make me less suspicious, especially with the shit he just pulled. He actively avoids me - it could be out of social awkwardness, but neither me nor the kids are his free therapists.I guess my next courses of action are either 1) Tell him loudly to leave us alone, 2) try to talk to him empathetically (since I'm awkward as well, i have the ability to connect to such types) and THEN tell him to leave us alone, or 3) wait until my husband and he are both around and then tell hubs to deal with things (he's usually blunt but not unfair).What do you think? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2d66qf2

No comments:

Post a Comment