Tuesday 27 September 2016

hubby "accidentally" spanked our 4yo for doing nothing wrong, I'm not happy


Backstory: when it comes to our kids I have a major rule; hurt my child physically in any way and I'll cut you out of our lives (and do the same back to you). We have a strict no physical discipline rule and we both agreed that is our only issue that would cause us to ever break up our family.Today my daughter was acting up before school i.e. was tired and didn't really want to get dressed. Husband had a paddle hairbrush in his hand and told my daughter to get ready. Playfully "tapped" her bum three times with the paddle but actually hit her quite hard. She was visibly upset, sore and shocked. I whipped her away from him to console her and she broke down saying her bum was stinging. He is a large man and sometimes doesn't know his own strength. He threw out an apology but I think it was only to save his own ass.We have done the school run, dropped off both kids at school, he hasn't even mentioned it and I am very obviously angry at him. I am at the point of telling him to go. (Many other issues I have gotten past but this feels like it's the straw that broke the camels back.)Considering our agreement on discipline, his lack of remorse and my now shocked daughter gone to school with a stinging bum; am I over-reacting?? I need other parents non-involved opinions please. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dyVpnJ

No comments:

Post a Comment