Friday 30 September 2016

I need help buying a jogging stroller


I'm going to run 1000km to the Mediterranean Sea and I'm going to do it by myself, so I'll need something to carry camping gear. Jogging strollers seem the only solution.I want to spend as little money as possible.Something that seems to be going against that, is not living in the USA. It is more expensive to ship the stroller I might want to buy than the actual price of the stroller.So currently it's either one of these from the USA:costs 269 euros totalcosts 247 euros totalOr I can buy this one from the british amazon (small shipping cost)costs 327 euros totalThe difference is, the first two have 'normal' spokes, while the third one has these plastic spokes. Not sure if that makes it less good or if it doesn't matter? Also, the first 2 don't have shocks/springs to absorb shocks of bumps in the road. The third one does seem to have that. I am wondering if this is a necessity for a smooth run, or if it's not needed at all? (I don't mind if no springs make it 10% harder, but I do if it makes it 50% harder.)This article says "The Graco (meaning the 269 euro one) is so difficult to push at speed that we were left to wonder if they really expect parents to run with it" and "Many of the cheaper models in our review did not have individual shocks, which leads us to believe that the manufacturers don't really expect you to run with them."The 269 euro graco seems to have a very long flat area, which is perfect for putting in my camping gear. So this one does seem to be the best for space. (Also, the cheapest one is pink :/) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dGLQjR

No comments:

Post a Comment