Tuesday 27 September 2016

Laughing at your kids


Forgive me if this is dark, but I've been thinking about this recently and I have to know if there are any other great stories out there.My daughter, a little over 2 years, refuses to poop on the potty. She does a fantastic job going pee, tells us most of the time, her number of accidents are decreasing all the time...we're really proud of how well she's doing. But she just won't poop.A couple weeks ago, we had an indoor camping trip and we went on the back porch to make s'mores in the fire pit. Marshmallows just about changed my child's life. It was amazing. So of course we leapt at the opportunity, promising daughter that if she goes poopoo on the potty, she may have a marshmallow.All of a sudden, she's asking multiple times an hour to go poopoo, usually to no avail. But the defining moment came a few days ago. It was late, well past her bedtime, and she was SCREAMING about how she needed to go poopoo before we laid her down. Now I know she can be a bit manipulative, so I was skeptical but she was losing her mind, so we let her go into the bathroom and sit on the potty.Once she's sitting there, she's in a great mood. And I've never seen her intentionally sit on the potty so long. Nothing happened, of course, but she was on there for 10 minutes without misbehaving. So I finally said it was time to be all finished, and that it's time to go get in bed.Mind = lost.She's screaming, kicking, refusing to be picked up, etc. Here's essentially the dialogue.Me: Alrighty, N, let's be all finished. N: begins meltdown Me: What's wrong?! N: while melting down I gotta poopoo! Me: Bug, you've had a long time to try to go poopoo N: hysterics Me: I don't think you actually need to go. N: hysterics intensifies Me: Alright, let's pull your pants up. leans in to help pull pants up N: grabs my face and screeches through bloodshot eyes I NEED A MARSHMALLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWI briefly left the room, composed myself, and resumed. It was all I could do, I almost burst out laughing in her face.All that to say, have any of your directly laughed at your poor, beautiful, pitiful children? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dim43U

No comments:

Post a Comment