Thursday 29 September 2016

Toddler and toothbrushing


My daughter is 22 months old. She went to the dentist 6 months ago and has an appointment next month so we are doing that. My dilemma is this kid will not brush her teeth! For a little bit we would hold her down and brush. While it lead to clean teeth it just didn't feel right. I've always dentist anxiety and require a prescription for Valium to go. I don't want the same for her. I feel like forcing the brushing will scar her. For a while we would take turns brushing each others teeth. Well that got old and she will no longer play. Since then she likes to get water and toothpaste on the brush. Chew on it for a few seconds and that is all we can get. She won't accept any help. I've tried fun toothpaste flavors and a cute electric toothbrush but nothing makes her interested or cooperative. So I've just been letting her chew on the brush to keep up the habit and making sure she drinks a lot of water. I really don't want her teeth to rot out of her head. Any advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dz21Dy

No comments:

Post a Comment