Friday 30 September 2016

Birthday present for blind child


Hi all. My son will be attending a birthday party in a few weeks for a good friend of his, who is turning 8. His good friend has a twin sister with Batten's disease who is almost completely blind at this point. We know what to get for the twin brother, but not for the sister. She used to love arts and crafts, but I feel like that might not be the best gift now that her vision has deteriorated to this point. I also want to stay away from toys that are specifically for the blind, if I can. I know the parents are having a hard time with this. Any ideas on a gift for a fun, really imaginative girl who is turning 8, maybe something that is fun for other senses? I'd like to keep the cost down too, if possible, $15-$30. Thanks in advance! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dLoV9Z

No comments:

Post a Comment