Wednesday 28 September 2016

Update: the 3yo & the funeral


I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you who responded to my post about my son (3M) attending the funeral of his great-grandmother.It could not have gone better! He was quiet at appropriate times, he gave out lots of hugs & kisses to family members who needed him, and he let us know the one time he needed a break! We had a plan where several of the married-in relatives would help out if he needed a break. He did a great job at the service, and he asked for a break only once, at the cemetery itself, when too many people were crying. His grandfather (my FIL) took him to an area away from the grave and let him talk to us, ask us questions, etc./r/parenting, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for pushing me to let him come. It was a very meaningful day for all of us. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cCOPb1

No comments:

Post a Comment