Thursday 29 September 2016

How do I know if me being a SAHM is for me and my family?


My husband (32M) and I (32F) recently moved back to our hometown with our son (1M) due to personal reasons. Both of us were working before and our son stays at home with a live-in nanny/housekeeper. I left my job 3 months before we moved out and have been a SAHM since then.We have some money saved up that is enough to cover all our expenses for more or less a year. My husband is now actively job-hunting. I have also sent out my CV, but I can't seem to bring myself to be thrilled with the idea of running in the rat race again.I loved being a SAHM. I had issues with our nanny and, as grateful as I am for all the things she had done for our family, I was quite relieved when I finally let her go. I find joy in personally taking care of our son, however taxing it might be on some days (he is kind of a high-need child). Also, I am not very domesticated so housekeeping on my own is a new and exciting experience for me.With all this said, there is also the thing of our financial needs. It is difficult for us to know whether or not we can live on a single income or not since my husband has yet to land a job. He, however, has selflessly given me the freedom to choose and said that we can adjust accordingly. But I know that this is an understatement, since our lifestyle has been well-adjusted to that of a double income household.I am also open to the idea of freelancing from home but I don't know how WAHMs actually make it work. My previous job allowed me to work from home once or twice a week and I know that I couldn't have had any work done if my nanny wasn't there.Is being a SAHM really worth the sacrifice of my career and the extra income? Is there a way I can get the best of both worlds? Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but any advice/comment/suggestion is welcome. I am truly losing sleep over this and I know that I have to decide soon. Thank you very much.TL;DR: My husband and I are out of work, have 1 y/o son. I want to be a SAHM, but not sure if this decision is financially feasible for our family. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cOuJO1

No comments:

Post a Comment