Thursday 29 September 2016

One month old, seems to legit hate it when I sleep?


My baby sleeps in her bassinet like a brick all day long between feedings while I'm up and about doing chores and stuff. Then she has a difficult period from 8-11ish which is basically how long it takes her to go to sleep. Then of course she wakes up to eat roughly every two hours (she eats for about 30 minutes, plus 20 for burping, changing, and trying to get her to settle again). Then, when hubby gets up for work at 8am, she's up, non-negotiable, for about two more hours.So given that I get about, what, four hours of sleep at night, I'm all for the whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" mantra. BUT, this child literally wakes up screaming the second my head hits the pillow, every single time... Those four hours at night are apparently during her generous period. It's completely not coincidental. She sleeps happily while I'm up doing stuff. Then she screams when I lie down. If I sit up, she stops immediately and goes back to sleep. If I lie down again, more screaming. Rinse and repeat. My brains are currently exploded all over my house.FTR, she doesn't take kindly to being put in a room alone either.Has anyone experienced this? Or have some explanation or advice or something?Tl;dr: Baby sleeps extremely well unless mommy tries to sleep. Baby does not like it when mommy sleeps. Mommy is dying AF. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dpuoz7

No comments:

Post a Comment