Thursday 29 September 2016

Prospective step parent questions for the group


I am a prospective stepparent and my gf has a 13 month old. The toddler and I get along well, and I am well-suited to parenting, but a couple things bother me and i need to ask opinions. One, pacifiers. I've read a lot of opinions from doctors, but they are all over the place on when the toddler should be dumping the paci. What is the consensus? Two, the crying for attention thing. I don't put up with it. Crying for no reason gets a quick "ignore" from me, and the toddler doesn't even try it with me any more. However, with the mother involved, the toddler still wah wah wahs, and it works, the toddler gets "oh what's wrong, blah blah blah", and it really bothers me. What do you folks think? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cDIZGe

No comments:

Post a Comment