Tuesday 27 September 2016

I work full time to support the family, and am riddled with guilt.


Long story short, I left the flexible world of freelance a few months ago for a full tine job and can't help at home nearly as much as before. We have 2 under 2. I went from being out in the field 0-3 days a week to being out 12 hours a day 5 days a week. Whenever I check in with my wife during the day, and she tells me how hard it is to deal with the kids I have these enormous pangs of guilt for not being home. My job sometimes requires overnights out of town (maybe once a month) and coming home late sometimes. On those nights I feel the guilt even extra because I can see the tole it takes on my wife. The reason I can't go back to freelance is because of the healthcare situation. Not sure how to deal with these emotions, not used to this at all. In 2 years we went from 2 working adults with no kids to one breadwinner and 2 kids. Ugh. I'm sick of feeling guilty. I'm also having some resentment towards my wife for unloading on me about all the hard stuff she faces everyday. I haven't told her that because it's really my issue, not hers. I want her to express how she feels, but sometimes I just want to hear something besides how hard her day is. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dpEWic

No comments:

Post a Comment