Friday 30 September 2016

Oldest step son hurting himself


So my wife has 3 boys from a previous marriage and recently (within the last 6 months) he's had 2 incidents where he hurt himself when he was "stressed". The first was when his girl friend at the time "cheated" and he burned himself with a lighter and finger nail file 3 times causing 2nd and almost 3rd degree burns on his shoulder. Just today my wife had to pick him up from school because he bit his inner lip so hard that he might actually needs stitches. He said it was because a friend of his got drunk last week and took some sleeping pills. I just am at a loss because I've never known anyone who hurt themselves as a way to relieve stress. I've no idea how to approach him or the subject. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dBZpEH

No comments:

Post a Comment