Thursday 29 September 2016

My child's (10F) teacher had her class sign up for Pandora, which is against the Terms of Use. How do I handle this?


My daughter's teacher had her set up a Pandora account at school, but without parental permission and without discussing Terms of Use (which requires 13 years old with parental permission in my area.) I would like to teach her to be honest without keeping her from having access to music she would like to listen to, which her entire class is using and accessing.If I confront the teacher, it will make my daughter be the one with the killjoy mother who made the entire class stop doing something they enjoy. I don't want her to have that kind of pressure, especially right now, as she has incredible amounts of stress in other areas of her life.I do have another email I own which I could use to set up an alternate account. I have asked Pandora if it would be appropriate to change her account to this email, making it my account rather than hers, but giving her access to it. I would prefer this to her using the email she has set up for school.I do not want to teach my daughter to game the system, but to be honest even on the internet. I am upset that the school allowed this without asking parents, but I'm guessing the teacher did not understand Terms of Use and didn't think twice about it.At the same time, intentions or no, this not honest. I'm not even sure it's legal (though I'm not looking for legal advice on this sub. I might need to cross-post.) Have any of you had to deal with anything like this? Any insights would be appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2deq730

No comments:

Post a Comment