Tuesday 27 September 2016

Daughter [8] hates uncle all of a sudden. Father [28] wants to keep it within family? Concerned


Hi, just looking for some outside opinions on this. My daughter [8F] has started acting out recently and I'm nervous as to were it's coming from. Me and her dad separated two years ago and up until now she has seemed to be dealing with everything ok. Recently she's told me about her not liking a particular uncle on her fathers side, she has asked not to be left alone with him and is asking her dad to bring her other places instead, although she didn't tell him why, instead she skirted around the issue as she didn't want him to be mad. This was the first red flag I noticed. Last week she cut half of her hair off for apparently no reason. When I talked to her about it she told me that she also bites herself to feel pain. So basically at this stage I'm getting majorly worried. I should say, She has a book on touching and when I asked about that she flat out said no. I text her dad the other night and explained everything I said here and that I'd like her to see a councillor that they might be able to help as they are trained to see things we never would, I also mentioned in the best way I could about her suddenly not liking her uncle. His reaction has put major red flags up! Basically he has text me this evening saying we need to keep this between us and not involve a councillor, to pay no attention to it and keep everything she is saying 'in house'. I am really concerned about this response, am I being over protective or am I right to be feeling like this? I don't know what to do here, on one side she has told me nothing sexual abuse wise or otherwise is happening and on the other my daughter who loves everyone suddenly hates a person and can't give me a reason for it. Has anyone else ever dealt with anything like this? Sorry for the long confusing post I'm just spewing word vomit because my heads all over the place. Any comments/insights would be really appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2di7hKc

No comments:

Post a Comment