Monday 26 September 2016

Parents who were career oriented, how did you adjust?


We have a 3y/o and a 3 week old newborn. I'm 36 and for as long as I could remember, I was always career oriented. I'm the guy that was always the first in the office and last out. That was me 10 years ago. Now, I try to stay up until midnight to catch up on reading and learning new things but that definitely hasn't happened with two kids (especially w/ a newborn).I love what I do and luckily for me I'm that person who has found something he loves doing. I feel like if I don't keep on top of things in my field (I'm in IT), I'll fall behind career wise. When I'm having a stressful day at home w/ the kids, I think of work. It's sad and I need to stop it.Don't get me wrong, I love them. I would always tell my wife I would rather be at work, and sadly this was true because it's my getaway from the daily stress at home. It's definitely not fair to her since she stays home to watch the kids five days a week. I admit, I'm selfish and I need to change that.How did you guys do it? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cwrMyv

No comments:

Post a Comment