Monday 26 September 2016

My 14-year-old daughter want 2 facial piercings and I'm really considering letting her do it. If anyone has a really good reason why I shouldn't I'm open to your thoughts. I just want to make sure I've considered everything. :)


For background, I am 35, her mother, and she is my oldest. I had both my eyebrow and nose pierced until I was 29, when I took them out simply because I was tired of them. I also have multiple tattoos, which I can cover with long sleeves and pants. I've never had a problem at work or socially with any of this. We live in rural SW Michigan for reference.So, Faith wants her eyebrow and septum pierced. She's a straight A student in her freshman year of high school. She sports hot pink hair, long on top with shaved sides. I've never had an issue with her doing her hair as she wants within reason. She has a lot of friends and gets along with everyone. She has had problems but nothing out of the ordinary for any adolescent. She is by far my easiest child. She has never acted out beyond the norm and we usually get along great.She came to me a week ago and wanted these piercings. She laid out all the reasons it wouldn't be a problem (her school is pretty liberal with appearance, she is responsible enough to take care of them, the woman at the shop I got my piercings from agreed to do hers with my permission and a copy of her birth certificate-she actually called her, I called back to make sure- and she can take them out if she ever needs to for school or professional reasons).Of course I consulted my husband because he deserves some input, he told me he guesses it's okay as long as she "cleans her room and doesn't stretch her damn ears", haha.So yeah. Thanks guys, for any educated advice you may have. :) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2czgLRM

No comments:

Post a Comment