Thursday 29 September 2016

Supporting teen after breakup


My daughter and her boyfriend, both 16, broke up several months ago. Teenage relationships are notoriously fickle, but they were together 1-1/2 years. He wasn't her first boyfriend, but definitely the one who meant the most to her and he adored her.The breakup was very difficult for her and I spent a lot of time just trying to "be there" for her but not be judgmental, and letting her cry. She was very busy with friends, school, and other activities and that helped too.She just found out that he is dating again. Not surprising (this is high school, after all) but all the emotions after the breakup are coming back. As a parent I'm trying to be supportive, and I know she'll be OK and come out stronger because of it, but it's hard to see your child feel so hurt and I feel kind of helpless now. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cOw6MS

No comments:

Post a Comment