Saturday 30 November 2019

The best day of my life.


After almost eight months of custody battles, court dates, no-shows and continuations, it's done. Today, I received custody of my oldest girl, and now have full custody of all of my kids. Ex has been given supervised visitation once a month, may be extended if she can stay clean for a longer period of time.But finally, I never have to go to sleep at night wondering if my girls have been fed or clothed, or who's is or isn't the house with them. I know that my girls are safe because they're all here with me, watching The Aristocats and eating popcorn. I know that their beds are safe and comfy because I went to Ikea and picked them out myself.I know that they have food because I just watched them eat dinner. I know that they have good shoes and coats because I can see their shoes in the hall closet. I didn't have any of this certainty before today, and I'm grateful for it. I just needed someone to tell this too, thanks for reading the whole way through. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Y7Sy9F

No comments:

Post a Comment