Thursday 28 November 2019

My toddler wont stop hitting and and kicking me


Hope this is the right place and tag for this.For some sort of context, I got pregnant at 19 and was very unstable mentally, and had no stable home to live. But after I found out I was pregnant and got over the "I am not ready to be a mom" freak out I realised only thing I could do in order to be able to take care of a child was to move back in with my mom.Here in my country it is impossible to find a place to live, unless you are able to take a loan and buy a house... that is the only reason why I moved back in with her.After having lived with her and not being allowed or able to set proper boundries for my kid, he watches tv (just youtube) when he wants and where he wants. And if I said no, my mom would let him anyways.Now my son is 2 years old, and I finally got my own place to stay, I have gotten a boyfriend who cares for my son as his own, and kid is with his real dad every second weekend.But after having lived with mum for so long, every time I am trying to set a single boundry, kid gets really mad and starts hitting and kicking. It actually hurts, he understands everything, but doesn't speak. He only mutters nonsense, and gets frustrated and violent when we don't understand him.Any advice on how to make him stop hitting and kicking? And advice on how I can set more boundries? How can I make my kid want to sit with me and play and talk etc.? This is really getting out of hand.Actually feeling like a terrible mom right nowAnd sorry this is the shortest I could make the storyThanks in advance via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2L1bjGm

No comments:

Post a Comment