Thursday 28 November 2019

Brother always harassing sister


It was never just sibling fighting, my son (22) has always picked on her (16). When they were both younger I thought he would grow out of it, but around his teen years he became increasingly worse. Everyday he would walk past her room and shout names or make her really angry. He would find some way to make her miserable, he even broke her things once and then just sped off with his friends. We have tried to bring them to therapy and make amends with her but he’ll go right back at it. We had both adopted them, and he’ll always tell her to go back to her country or she didn’t belong here. He won’t even call her by her name, but refer to her as “It”. I stopped leaving them alone, because I would always come back to a fight. It has gotten so bad that she refused to do chores with him. I had kicked him out of the house as soon as he graduated high school. He had already been accepted into college and had a dorm all set. I thought going to college with responsibilities would help him man up a little bit, but he still went back to his old ways. I don’t want to shut him out of the family, but I don’t want him going back to picking on her. It makes me really upset to see my son who is suppose to be a role model treat her like this. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QV94IG

No comments:

Post a Comment