Thursday 28 November 2019

A father of two (2yo, and 2mo) wondering what your stance is on screens, and particularly games.


Hey guys! As the title states, I would love to hear what you all think about screens for children and what your own experiences has been.The reason I’m asking is because, as a 31 year old father, I myself grew up playing a lot of games with my friends (Super Nintendo et al., and later PC) and the memories I have of that is something I wish to bring to my kids in time, because those are dear to me, and I do want to be able to share my hobby with them.HOWEVER, I’m at the same time worried about what it does to the brain in the long run, and if anyone of you have noticed any worrisome behavior from your kids after playing games or interacting with screens.This is a controversial topic, I’m sure, so please lay it out the way you think this should be approached; I bet many parents are struggling to find a good balance for their kids in this day and age.For example, intuitively screen time should be limited for obvious reasons, for everybody and probably children in particular, but some instances ought to be less detrimental than others, like games/apps that educate, etc. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QZTyvg

No comments:

Post a Comment