Friday 29 November 2019

9 year old nephew won’t stop hugging, picking up, and kissing my daughters (3 and 2) even when they resist. He also always “asks them to come upstairs.” My wife thinks I need to “relax” (it’s her sister’s son). What should I do?


I have two girls, 3 and 2. I’m blessed. Sweet, Smart, adorably cute.My 9 year old nephew will not stop grabbing them and kissing, hugging, pulling, etc. Like I get it, they are smaller and cuter. He doesn’t have younger siblings (has two older sisters).I have a problem with how touchy he is. I get being lovey. A kiss hello and good bye, some tickling, etc.But in my eyes, his behavior is over the top and borderline alarming. I would say in a 3 hour family outing, he kisses each of my daughters more than 15 times, and usually more.He also always wants to “go upstairs” and away from everyone...but only with my girls. We has other male cousins who he never needs to bring upstairs.Also, he always tries to be in the room when they are changing diapers, taking baths, etc. I get they there’s a curiosity, but it’s the totality of the circumstances that raising the hairs on the back of my neck.I said something to my wife about it and she was obnoxious. “Okay I’ll tell my sister that you’re not comfortable with “Johnny” kissing the girls. Well I never said that, but I think the amount of touching and kissing is strange. And it bothers me.Has anyone run into this? Looking specifically to hear from people with daughters who have older male cousins rather than the parents of males who have younger female cousins.Thanks. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/33ByAoW

No comments:

Post a Comment