Thursday 28 November 2019

4 year old son has some sensory issues. He and my dad wrestle roughly on the regular. Tonight my son said he would punch my dad and dad responded by saying,” I won’t send you to the corner, I’ll wear your ass out.”


I was shocked. I had never heard this from my dad since I was a kid. When I was a kid I was severely beaten , left home when I was 16, and eventually came to forgive and make peace with my folks and attempt to build a relationship when I got older. My parents have been fantastic grandparents since my children were born and I’ve never seen any evidence of this form them since. But this seemed to come out of nowhere. We don’t talk to our kids that way and we don’t use corporal punishment.Needless to say that the visit came to a screeching halt and I made sure to let it be known that no one would ever hit my children or threaten them and that he needed to leave.I’m going to catch hell for this from the rest of my family but o just wasn’t about to sit there and let an old man cuss and threaten violence against a four year old with SPD. Honestly, it brought up a lot of old memories and I saw red the second it left his mouth.I’m not really asking for advice and I’d rather not get into a discussion about corporal punishment. Just was a crap end to a good day and needed to vent. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2rESeTy

No comments:

Post a Comment