Friday 29 November 2019

Not being able to provide Christmas for my son


Hey everyone! I’m just looking for advice on how to handle my current situation. I’m a very poor college student and a parent to a 10 year old son. Often I worry about groceries and basic necessities like clothes for him. Paying the bills has been a struggle. Now Christmas is coming up and I feel insanely guilty because I absolutely can’t provide any extras this year. I feel like such an awful parent. I’m so close to being done with my bachelors degree and I’m doing everything I can to make sure he has a better life. I feel guilty that I’ve had to scrape by his entire life. My main concern is he’s 10 and realizes the financial situation we are in but he still believes that Santa will bring him presents. I don’t know if I should tell him and ruin it for him? I’ve tried to reach out to different toy assistant programs and it’s not likely that we will be chosen for help. Has anyone been in this situation? What would you do? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34ye5uD

No comments:

Post a Comment