Thursday 28 November 2019

Grandparent favoritism


Anyone deal with favoritism from the grandparents? My mom and dad are a lot closer with my oldest son (12) because I was a single mom when he was born and we lived with them while I finished college and my mom just helped me out a lot. Now I also have a 4 year old with my husband. My parents are always inviting my oldest son to stay over at their house on the weekends, and they take him on random trips etc. (for example they have taken him to Disney, and are taking him on a cruise this year.) but not the 4 year old. I understand that when he was younger it would have been a lot more work to have him over and take him on trips, but he’s 4 now. He has an understanding of what’s going on and he sees his older brother getting to do these things and he wasn’t invited. I don’t think it’s fair. My husband decided to make a rule where my older son can’t go over there unless the 4 year old can as well and my mom is upset about that because it’s easy for them to have just the 12 year old but it’s a lot of work with both of them.... are we being unreasonable? What do you guys think?? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2OtSJJ9

No comments:

Post a Comment