Wednesday 27 November 2019

Not your average “my baby keeps ‘crying’ at night” post.


For many moons, parents have asked, “Why won’t my baby sleep at night?” Or “I don’t know what to do. My baby keeps waking up crying.” I would like to see the reaction of anyone who has ever asked these questions if they experienced my baby. My son just turned 6 months old. FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS he has woken up every 45 minutes to an hour with the worst high pitched screaming fits. I have heard babies cry, scream, and throw tantrums, but nothing rivals what my son can produce. Up to this point in my marriage, my wife and I have talked about how I can sleep through anything. That’s not the case anymore. My boy somehow manages to break through that superpower! While it sucks, I do ok with little sleep. My poor wife on the other hand is going to go crazy. Anytime we try to let him self-soothe, he ends up getting so worked up that he can’t put himself back to sleep. We try to keep his belly full, either by giving him a bottle or by having my wife nurse him, but that doesn’t work either and sometimes results in him scream-vomiting anything we’ve given him, although the scream vomiting doesn’t tend to be the norm. We’ve told other family members about what a terrible sleeper he is, but it wasn’t until yesterday when my mother-in-law took him for a bit (so my wife could sleep) that anyone, outside of my wife and I,got to truly experience what he’s capable of. When we went to pick him up, she told us about how concerned she was with how angry and worked up he gets, and that’s after having had 3 kids herself. On the one hand, I felt bad she had to deal with that because I know what it’s like. On the other hand, I was grateful that at least one more person understood where my wife and I are coming from. We have a 3-year-old girl, and my son, and we were thinking about having one more. But as of right now there are no further plans for any new editions. We’ve read countless articles online about babies that keep crying at night and it really doesn’t seem like any of them match the story of what my wife and I are going through. Any new tricks/ideas would be great. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2On8O3n

No comments:

Post a Comment