Saturday 30 November 2019

Proud mom moment


My kids (8 & 9) are on a wrestling team that is selling raffle tickets. The tickets are kinda pricey for our area ($20) for a weird prize (half a cow, processed - aka a shit ton of beef).We set up in the breezeway of a local restaurant tonight to try to move some tickets; my kids (especially the oldest) were selling machines. They talked to people, explained the prize and what the raffle profits go towards, even suggested to one group they split the cost of the ticket and the prize (the objection was first the cost, then the space it would take to store all the meat). My boys took any sales advice I gave them in between potential customers and actually incorporated it into their pitches.As proud as I am of them for stepping up and being great salesmen, I am even more proud that they did not get discouraged by all the no’s. So many people either ignored them, laughed at them, or politely declined (I can’t tell you how many people I heard blessing their hearts on the way out the door). Not once did they seem fazed, just ready for the next opportunity.Add to this, my oldest is legally blind with ocular albinism. This means he can’t actually see your face when talking to you from more than 6 inches away. Watching him interact with total strangers for 2 hours and how fearless he is, it makes me so grateful to get to be his mom.Now who wants a ticket?? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2DBpj5z

No comments:

Post a Comment