Wednesday 27 November 2019

Another potty training post... I’m desperate. I swear, my daughter will be getting married in diapers.


I’ll try to keep this short. My daughter turned 3 on September 2nd. She is not potty trained. We’ve been trying since she was 2. I’ve read numerous books. We’ve tried several tactics. Nothing works.And I’m sick to death of my daughter’s daycare teacher making me feel like the worlds shittiest parent. Today it was about how my daughter is the oldest in the class and is still in diapers. And how my daughter kisses other kids on the mouth (which she learned at daycare because we don’t kiss our kids on the mouth). But I feel like at least once a week this teacher has SOMETHING she “needs to talk to me” about. I’m over it.The potty training is something we have been consistently working on for a freaking year. The Oh Crap book didn’t work. Rewards don’t work. Big girl panties didn’t work. Watching her best friend go on the potty didn’t work. Taking away diapers doesn’t work, she just shits on the floor or wets herself and that’s that. We’ve been cleaning up after her for what feels like forever.She isn’t afraid of the potty. She actually likes sitting on it. She likes wiping herself and flushing. But she always goes in her diapers and then SOMETIMES says she needs to go potty but she’s already gone in her diaper. We explain and re explain that she needs to go to the potty before peeing and pooping in her pants. She isn’t stupid, she understands. I really think she doesn’t care.I’m exhausted. I need other things we can try. We’ve got a newborn now too and I need something to work. Please help. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2qPsbcr

No comments:

Post a Comment