Thursday 28 November 2019

Different spousal attitudes toward homosexuality


My wife is from a country and a family where homosexuality is considered both a choice and something that is, if not wrong, at least regrettable. At some point, my son (9 yrs old) asked me about whether two men or two women could get married, and I told him both that they could, and that it is totally fine if they want to. Later he told my wife that he doesn't want to get married, and that he wants to live with one of his (male) classmates when he gets older. When my wife challenged him, he told her that I said it was ok. Now my wife is really angry with me for talking to him about it. She thinks I should not have said anything -- I told her I don't think what I said was wrong. But I also want to be fair to my wife and her values, since it is our kid together. Any advice for a situation like this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2OpwrZ4

No comments:

Post a Comment