Wednesday 27 November 2019

I feel like a shitty husband.


My wife (35f) and (37m) and I have two children (6f and 5m). I love my wife. I make her a priority in my life. We do weekly date nights. I find time to talk to her at least an hour a day. We take trips for our anniversary. I make sure we find couple time in our fucking time. But Jesus fucking sometimes I just want to spend time with my kids or just one of them. In our household,it's either family time or couple time. I wanted to do something about this. I told her I want to take four day trips with each of my kids once a year. Money isn't the issue and we both can fit it into our schedule. I also want to do one on one activities with them the weekends. For once I just want it to be me and my daughter or me. She got upset when I mentioned this. I told her I wanted a relationship with each of my children separate from the family. I told her just like I need time alone with her as a couple, I also need alone time with my kids. I want to love my kids as the individuals they are. She got insecure and told me I'm calling her a terrible mother. Am I terrible husband for wanting to take a break from my wife and spend it with my kids? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2DnVN3c

No comments:

Post a Comment