Saturday 30 November 2019

Advice for gracefully managing a six year old with a newborn?


My six year old is not necessarily a handful but she is very invested in being around with the baby, which is sometimes super helpful and sometimes super not. I feel like I’m losing my patience too much with her, and I know it’s not her fault she just wants to be apart of everything and still be a kid.I didn’t imagine that the hardest part of having two kids would be my frustration levels with my oldest at her jumping around the baby, yelling when I’m trying to get the baby to sleep, or just wanting to touch the baby at the most inconvenient times. The other day she woke her up, after I told her not to, because she wanted to “see her”.At the end of the day, like now, when both of them are asleep and I typically find it hard to sleep I just think, am I fucking up? Am I doing a horrible job with my oldest. I could try harder to be more patient and loving when she’s just being a six year old and then I go into guilt mode.Any advice or words of encouragement appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2DsnnfX

No comments:

Post a Comment