Saturday 30 November 2019

18mo grumpy with mum a lot of the time, but when relatives take him off for a play or trip to the shops he’s apparently super happy most of the time!


Hi! Just after some thoughts / commiseration from those who’ve gone before me - we have a lovely and very busy 18 month old boy (Elijah). He goes to day care 2 full days a week and on other days has either me or his dad. At day care the updates are that he is generally very happy and easy going, but at home on days off as well as after day care he is HARD WORK. I know he’s our first, but this has been noted by other parents too. Just very much in need of 100% attention, wants to be held but as soon as he’s held throws himself out of your arms, and tantrums have begun in full force. Usually it’s not teething - it’s him with big emotions! I’ve heard about us being his “safe” place but I wondered is it a common phenomenon to be better with people that are not us? Sometimes I just feel I always get the worst of him. I know I get his giggles as well but lately the crying and grumpiness has outweighed the happiness.I figure he’s a little boy unable to express himself at all (he’s only got about 7 words so far), so maybe that’s it? I’m just worried about my ability to cope when he’s two, or is it in some ways a little bit easier because they can communicate more? Gah, 18 months is so far my favourite and least favourite age! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2R67bZQ

No comments:

Post a Comment