Saturday 27 July 2019

Who needs kids’ games when you have pictures of dryer vents!?


So we’re sitting in a restaurant and my almost 4 yr old is getting restless, as kids do, so he asks if he can look at pictures on my phone. So I say yes and ask what he’d like to look at (he usually likes to look at pics of himself/family/pets). He says without hesitation, “pictures of the dryer vent on the house!” (He has discovered the dryer vent on our house earlier today)I’m like, ok, I don’t know if I can find pictures of that, but let me google it. Lo and behold, I find a bunch of pics of peoples’ dryer vents on the sides of their houses. He was so excited, guys. He just went scrolling through these pictures, making commentary like, “that one has a LOT of stuff in it!” “That one is broken!” “Look at that one!” And then he wanted to watch a dryer vent, so I you tubed dryer vents and found a short video of a guy replacing an old dryer vent and pushed play. You would think I had put on his favorite show in the universe. He was glued to the screen, right on the edge of seat as this guy was taking out an old crusty dryer vent and replacing it with a new one. His eyes were just wide and he was like, “He’s gonna break the house!” As the guy was using the crow bar (my son was very concerned for the house).This video was ten minutes long and my son was just glued to it. So much for the kids games I downloaded. So I don’t know if this makes him like advanced or something destined to be this crazy awesome handy man, or if he’s just a giant weirdo. You decide. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2SKCdW0

No comments:

Post a Comment