Sunday 28 July 2019

My mom turned into JustNoMom, JustNoMil turned into JustYesMil, and I'm so excited about our summer vacation!


I'm writing this on my phone, so I'm sorry if the format is shit. Long time lurker, only posted once before.. I'm sorry for the long post, TL;DR at the bottom.I have a baby girl that is turning 7 months July 30th. My DH and I live quite far from our family. My family is about 8 hours away from us by car, and my DH's family lives far north in Norway that it takes 9 hours traveling with train, plane, boat and a carride.Back story: About a month ago baby and I went to visit my mom. She had invited us home so she could help me with the baby and I could get some rest. Well, long story short: she left us by our self, didn't helped me with anything, made me help her out with a bunch of stupid stuff, she commanded me to make dinner every day and clean the kitchen after, and never let me rest/sleep. I confronted her about this, and she said "well, I'm actually the one taking care of baby while you clean, soooo". I was more tired when I left than when I came. I was quite upset with my mom, and since we already had our plane tickets to visit my in law's, I was afraid the same would happen again with MIL.I'm not sure if my MIL ever liked me. She used to ignore me whenever I came to visit them and always questioned my family culture, (I'm part Mexican and part persian, but was born in Denmark and live in Norway, so I have this crazy identity crisis hehe) but after we had our daughter she has been so polite, warm hearted and helpfull.We have been in my in law's house for 4 days now, and I feel so well rested and full of energy! MIL has been taken so good care of us, she willingly takes baby for a stroll, she prepares dinner, she does the dishes, she encourage DH and I to have "alone time". I'm not allowed to help out with anything in the house. She just keeps saying "you are on a holiday, and so am I! I enjoy spending time with baby, I want to be with her the most I can while you guys are here!"I am so happy that she is all the opposite of my mom, but also really surprised! She is actually helping me out a bunch, and I feel so freaking spoiled. We are going to stay here for two more Weeks, and I'm so excited and happy!TL;DR: my mom made me more tired when she invited me home to help me taking care of my baby. JustNoMil invites us to spend some weeks with them, and turns into JustYesMil after making dinner, taking care of baby, letting us rest and just being amazing. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/32XnADa

No comments:

Post a Comment