Tuesday 30 July 2019

First birthday parenting fail.


Sorry if the flair is wrong. I just really need to get my thoughts out there and I feel too uncomfortable with talking to people I know. I've had a very isolated year, I lost a lot of friends when I had my baby.Anyways. Today is my baby's first birthday. And I feel like I failed her. I didn't plan a party. I haven't gotten her any gifts. I didn't plan a photoshoot or a cake smash. I am constantly thinking about how her birth went(not the easiest) and how I had such a difficult time coping with it in the first few months.Leading up to today, I just felt so overwhelmed thinking about her birthday. My SIL was here all week and she just left this morning. My BIL is flying in from Japan with his son next week. My great aunt arrives later today. None of these visits are for my daughter, they just all happened to be around her birthday. I feel overwhelmed with wanting to do something with everyone but there are too many people to accomodate. My mom wanted to do something this weekend, but somewhere 1.5hr drive with no traffic away. I don't want to celebrate my kids birthday somewhere that far away knowing she hates long car rides. I've told her were not coming. My parents live an hour away but they rarely come out to see her. I want to have a celebratory dinner with my family, but there's no way I'll get them all together where I live. It's frustrating. And makes me want to do less. Which sucks for my kid. She deserves to celebrate her birthday with her family.I used to be super into birthdays. But no one ever seemed to care about mine, it was always forgotten. I've never had a party where people showed up. Never had one thrown for me and I want to go all out for my kid, but I'm just so worried it will be the same for her. I don't want her to feel the way I did. She's only 1, she doesn't know better now, but in later years... I hope I can get my act together. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2YwFMjB

No comments:

Post a Comment