Tuesday 30 July 2019

How do you stop seeing parenting as a chore?


It just seems like everything about being a parent is all effort and very little joy. I cringe coming home wondering what has gone wrong today. If everything is ok, it just means the balance of life is maintained, not that things are wonderful. When my son wants to spend time with me I wonder what heavy stuff he wants to lay on me. If he doesn't drop a bombshell, I'm relieved. But then it's just spending time with someone I don't really connect with. And he's not even a bad kid. He gets good grades. He doesn't do drugs. He doesn't get into trouble. I dunno, it's just like having this thing that you have to deal with every day that isn't fun but just a chore you have to deal with. I'm reading this and I know it sounds horrible. I can't really connect with people who seem to find so much joy in parenting. How would you ever know you aren't cut out to be a parent before you are? People needed to talk about this more. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZksszX

No comments:

Post a Comment