Monday 29 July 2019

Deaths in the family


I have a close relative (parent) who has terminal cancer. They could go quickly, they could not - we have no idea, but they are at particular risk right now with an opportunistic infection that the hospital is struggling to get under control.If the worst happens (or appears like it will be happening soon), I'd want to jump on a plane and get there - they live a 19 hour drive or multiple connecting flights away from us.The question is what to do with our 4 year old. I could travel solo, and my spouse can stay with our kid, and they would travel down for a funeral. I am not interested in my kid "saying goodbye" to their grandparent before they pass - I honestly think this would be too traumatic for him, since while he loves his grandparents he hasn't spent much time with them to form a close bond.Has anyone ever been in this situation? What did you do an how did it turn out? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Kbinzg

No comments:

Post a Comment