Saturday 27 July 2019

I can't get her thumb out her mouth to drink anything.


I breastfeed my now 4 month old baby girl. My boobs have always been her comfort as well as her food. But now she has started sucking her thumb all the time. My nipple will be in her face, she'll be crying because she's hungry but she just pushes it out the way and sucks her thumb instead. The last few days she has hardly eaten. She did take bottles for the first month or so of her life, my mother was staying with me and wanted to feed her all the time. But since then I haven't used bottles purely out of laziness, boobs don't need washing up and sterilising and don't take up loads of room in a bag blah blah blah... Anyway, my mistake is that I should have kept at least a bottle a day in our routine just so she stayed used to them. Now she will not drink from a bottle, even after many attempts. And with this heatwave and the thumbsucking she is so obviously dehydrated. Her soft spot is dipping slightly. I'm not too worried because she is happy in herself, she is eating some and I know its normal for a lot of babies to eat less when it's hot but I will start to worry if this carries on. Any advice? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yih9g4

No comments:

Post a Comment