Saturday 27 July 2019

Parents who are/have been smokers


Alrighty... I have been a smoker for 10 years. I transitioned to vaping and then found out I was expecting. As soon as I found out I quit cold turkey. My son was born in February and I maintained my non-smoker life style very easily.Until my very young aunt passed suddenly. I had already been dealing and coping with PPD/PPA. Then BOOM. Shock and grief, I picked up again. I have been smoking for two months and I hate it. I feel so ashamed especially having such a young child. I don't smoke around him, I wash my hands and face, I change my clothes etc...I understand the addiction side of it - I'm a month shy of 6 years sober. I want to stop it's just being willing to do it.I come from a family of smokers. My parents smoked around me my whole life; the car, the beach, the front porch... I also know people who smoked during pregnancy - no judgement just not my thing.What I'm getting at is... What do you think of parents who smoke? Are you a parent that smokes? If you were a smoking parent, how did you quit? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KbqFa3

No comments:

Post a Comment