Sunday 28 July 2019

I'm (26 F) 36 weeks pregnant and have realized my childhood wasn't as good as I thought... How can I avoid the same result for my son?


In my first trimester, something released some sort of part in my brain and I slowly began to remember some really horrible things from my childhood. My younger sister reached out to me recently expressing the same issues.Now I'm so scared. I've watched as my older sister has fallen into the same pattern of parenting as my father and I am horrified that I will do the same. No offense to anyone, but spanking my child is an absolute "no," for me, but I'm really afraid I'll somehow use the same parenting I was given as a child.On top of all of this, there were so many things I wanted as a child but was unable to have... I don't want to spoil my child, but I want him to also be happy, even if he isn't quite here yet or in want of anything particularly.Please help, :( via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MnoQKb

No comments:

Post a Comment