Sunday 28 July 2019

Life lesson?


It's 2am, I'm on holidays. I stay up all night cuz I like to, also it's been hot as balls and I'm a sometimes-baker. I live in a very small town with no actual bakery, so I make cakes and pies on order, and it's more comfortable to bake at night when it's not so hot.Tonight, I'm getting wine-drunk, making pies. I asked my 17-yr-old daughter for help, fluting crusts. She'll be 18 next month. I hope I'm showing her how to drink - at home or whatever, having a ball, singing along to silly songs from Grease 2 (Reproduction, anyone?) and whatever else strikes my fancy.My parents did NOT show me how to drink. I was severely traumatized, watching my dad get mindless while my mom desperately tried to keep him and us safe. I was never actually abused, but it literally took 20 years for me to have an okay relationship with alcohol. I hope I'm on the right track here. After we were done with pies, my girl, rolling her eyes at me the whole time, went to her room and left me to my devices.She left me sitting here, loudly singing Fernando, rolling out one last pie crust, and she giggled 'you're so cute when you're all silly on wine.'It kinda left me with a warm fuzzy feeling that had nothing to do with my fourth glass of wine.Just wanted to share here on r/parenting. I feel a small triumph, kind of confident that my daughter will be a little more okay than I was.As a side note: it took me like half an hour to write this and I burned my pie crusts lol via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Zh2vBl

No comments:

Post a Comment