Tuesday 30 July 2019

Where have I gone wrong?


My 6 year old has epic self-harming tantrums the last up to 2.5 hrs. They are fairly sporadic and he’s otherwise just the sweetest little thing. My husband doesn’t seem to get into these weird tantrumy vortexes with him.It seems that my husband can get him through those difficult emotions a little bit more swiftly. Neither of us completely understands how.Tonight he had a 2.5 hr tantrum before bedtime and I feel broken. I don’t want to move, I don’t want to talk, I feel so just emotionally destroyed.I am sure I did everything wrong, and even when I might’ve done the right things, they were utterly unhelpful.I am getting him and maybe even us (my son and me) therapy for sure. But am I alone? Has anyone else dealt with something like this?I feel so so so shitty as a parent right now. I just don’t even understand how these tantrums come about. They never seem like they are about anything. Help me Reddit! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yvDeYl

No comments:

Post a Comment