Wednesday 31 July 2019

Papa might die. I don’t know what to do.


My 4 year old is incredibly close to his papa, my step dad. They have been best friends since my son was born and they do absolutely everything together.That’s all great and I love that they have such a close relationship, but my step dad has Cardiomyopathy. He has a defibrillator in that he has been shocked by 3 times in the past year and is going in tomorrow to have a heart pump put in. He is officially on the transplant list.Papa has had 3 siblings die from this. The most recent being his 31 year old sister 2 weeks ago. She had gotten a transplant but her body rejected the heart 8 months in. You can probably see why we are worried.I don’t know how to tell my son if things go wrong or what to do! This could be the first time he’s experienced a death of someone he’s close to and it just has to be his absolutely favorite person.What would you do in this situation?TLDR: Papa has a big chance of dying. What do I do if it happens? What would I tell my son? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2YgHrPh

No comments:

Post a Comment