Wednesday 31 July 2019

Am I depressed or is this just parenting?


I’ve been a stay at home mother for around five years and have a 5F and a 2M. My daughter starts school in eight weeks. I’ve had a lot of ups and downs with my daughter. She’s a real handful — highly strung, dramatic, rage-filled tantrums over everything. I honestly feel like I’m being abused. Anyway right now I just feel like I can’t cope any more. Every time one of my kids starts to scream at me or hurt me physically I just want to give up, I burst into tears and shout at them because I’ve just had enough.I’m counting down until school starts and planning to go back to work or study next year, but it just occurred to me that maybe anti-depressants would help. I feel like if I could just have a bit more patience and better ability to cope I could be a better parent.Does anyone have any wisdom for me... do others feel like this? Is it me or are kids just really this difficult? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yrSyFB

No comments:

Post a Comment