Wednesday 31 July 2019

son doesnt like his skin color


ok this is a difficult one for me... I'm (40m) Puerto Rican (key from key and peele complexion) my wife is (38f) Lupita Nyong'o compexion...here we go.. we have been fostering to adopt 2 brothers 4 and 5 for about 1.5 yrs both are the same complexion as my wife ( Lupita) my 4 yr old says he doesn't like his complexion he wants to be light like daddy (Me) so I go about telling him we are all made different and special in our own way. I explain to him in paw patrol language and it seemed to resonate. I explained if chase were red would he still be chase ? or would he be marshall ? if Marshall were pink would he still be marshall or would he be sky.. he seemed to grasp the concept although I think he has me as a standard of success which is good but I need him to love himself and his skin color which goes along with that. any advice on what I can do to help my youngest ?? Thanks via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ypAiwv

No comments:

Post a Comment